december dress and the artful bag challenge

It's hard to believe we're at the end of this delightful challenge. I have to thank Margaret of Alice and Camilla for being such a lovely host and inspiring us to create and play this past year. I joined in May and had the best time making my paper frocks and the fun wardrobe to put them in.



For December I created a little vintage Christmas gown with gold trim and lots of old world sparkle. The pearl buttons and paper flower are a nod to my wedding anniversary.


This flower reminded me of my bouquet which had gardenias, calla lilies, white roses, juniper berries and ivy. The scent of gardenias still reminds me of our Winter wedding in an old candlelit stone church 17 years ago.


 
Here are all of my paper dresses...all 13 of them! (I made 2 for October)



I'm going to miss doing this challenge. In fact I might just keep making a few of them every now and then. But doing this also inspired me to create my own year long project which I'm excited to share with you today.



You're invited to join me for The Artful Bag Challenge, a creative monthly project inspired by my love of bags! Please visit the challenge page here for details and schedule and if you'd like to play along just come back in January and post your first artful bag. There are different types of projects each month ranging from paper purses to altered bags and even an ATC swap.



The first project was inspired by Dress Up 2010 so I made one this month to hopefully inspire you to play along. Although it's not to scale I made this bag to go with my December dress.Doesn't it just make you want to put on a warm velvet coat and furry gloves for an afternoon Christmas tea?




Please visit Alice and Camilla to see all the other pretty dresses and thank you again Margaret for a fun and inspiring year.




23 comments:

Laura said...

i love all your dresses, anna. and i love the idea of the bags. i can't wait to see what you create each month. have a lovely day!
blessings
~*~

Leanne said...

Ooooooo . .. Anna! I've been dreaming of what your December dress was going to look like, and you've made my dream come true - it's SO lovely!!! And now, and Artful BAG Challenge! Dare I join the fun????

I THINK I MUST!!! (I'm SO excited!!!)

See you in January! (And on your blog before then!)

Angela said...

Gorgeous dress Anna! As a matter of fact, all of your dresses are fabulous! (I haven't started my December dress, yet..don't tell).

I'm going to check out the bag challenge...looks like a lot of fun!
Angela

Sinderella's Studio said...

as always - perfectly breathtaking! I wish they all fit me - including the purse!
cheers, dana

goddessandmagick said...

hi Anna ,I try to send an email to get in at the bag challenge .Your box is probably full and wont take any more!! Looks so cute! Let me know if still room for one more! Crazy lady with an old bag. Thanks Andrea.

BadPenny said...

Your December dress is stunning - we had a winter weding too 19 years ago. Your matching bag is so lovely - what a great idea ! I may well be back. Good to have met you on this challenge xx

Mumma Troll said...

The dress is fabulous, I really love the thought of the artful bag challenge, so count me in.xx

Margaret said...

I love your winter dress, so elegant and the details are fab! As usual superb photography! the dresses together are wonderful!
I love the idea of your bag challenge, dare i take on another project??!!
Mx

KrafteKat Krafting Shack said...

Paper art! how inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings Fiona

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh, your wintry dress is so lovely. And that BAG - that is truly a thing of beauty. So excited to see all the other bags you create through this challenge. :) Theresa

Marfi-topia said...

the dress is gorgeous! love your style. They look so beautiful all together.
Can't wait for the challenge to begin, I'm so excited!

Laura said...

Oh that bag is so darn cute!

Linda said...

I love all the dresses and purse. Oh, how creative you are. You are so inspirational on all you do. We have unexpected prob. with the house.....Hate when that happends....will text you with details soon.

Unknown said...

I just love all of you dresses.
I can't wait for the bag challenge. I have had the button on my blog for a few weeks now.
Thanks for sharing
Michele

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the bag challenge. I am so a bag girl!! Love the dress.

Joanna Rowan said...

Greetings Anna, I just came across your blog and is truly enchanting! I have loved visiting your sweet space. Love your dresses too, do they come in my size!
Have a beautiful and enchanting day,
Joanna

~*~Patty S said...

how special to have a winter wedding and perfect inspiration for your lovely dress...you photograph everything so beautifully too!

Love seeing all of your gorgeous creations all together!

I can hardly believe we've made a dozen dresses...already :)
Happy December to you and yours!
oxo

Halle said...

Such a sweet dress! Cute idea for the bags as well!

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Fabulous holiday dress.

Sandy Ang said...

Your dress looks stunningly regal and elegant for Christmas.I love Dress Up and will miss it too. But now I have your artful bag challenge to look forward to. Can't wait for jan.

GerryART said...

Found your blog via
Sew Loquacious Angela
Dress Up from last year looks as though it was gads of fun.
And your Artful Bag for this year looks inviting.

Happy Holiday Hugs,
Gerry

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Love your vintage Christmas dress!
..and your fabby collection of dresses look so cool together!
Been a fun challenge!
Will pop back again soon to see what you are up too with Artful Bag challenge ;)
Jan x

Melisa Waldorf said...

OH WOW!!!! What a fun and creative idea this was! I LOVE it, so sorry I missed it last year. Your dressing room is fabulous!